Attorneys for People Injured Due to Broken Glass and Windshield Impact in Kansas City Auto Accident
A shocking number of victims of auto accidents are from broken windshield injuries in the Kansas City area. Shattered windshields present a serious risk not only to the driver and passengers but even to eyewitnesses of the accident. At the velocity most accidents happen at, broken windshields become lethal projectiles known to maim and kill bystanders before they even know what happened.
Royce Injury Lawyers represent not only passengers but pedestrians injured by broken glass and windshields in the Kansas City area. Call one of our lawyers today, 855-976-9235, for a free consultation to learn how we can help you recover and get you adequately compensated for your injuries.
Common Broken Glass Injuries
The impact of vehicles colliding usually results in broken glass flying in all directions in an instant. Contrary to common belief, even vehicles moving at slow speeds generate enough force to create debilitating injuries. Fortunately, automobile technology has advanced enough that these accidents are becoming rarer through the use of shatter-resistant glasses and windshields. However, no safety measure is 100% effective, so these accidents still occur in newer vehicles, and in older automobiles without the safety standards of today.
Additionally, side and rear glass windows are not made at the same strength level of windshields, so glass injuries from these areas of automobiles is more common. The worst part of these injuries is that they are so sudden, bystanders do not have time to put up their hands to protect their children or their most vulnerable parts of their bodies.
Obviously, with glass involved, the most common types of broken windshield injuries are deep cuts and bleeding that comes with other significant side effects such as:
- Cuts – Surface level cuts while painful, and often bleed worse than the injury itself, are most common. The skin is torn but there is not any deeper tissue damage. These injuries can usually be treated with bandages or some stitches, but they can leave permanent damage such as visible scarring.
- Deep Level Laceration – When a piece of glass goes further than a superficial wound and penetrates the skin deeper tissues, the victim can have more significant scarring, reduced use of limbs due to lacerated muscles and or tendons, and they have an increased risk of infection.
- Severed Limb – In the most severe cases broken glass injuries can completely sheer off a smaller limb like an ear, thumb, or toe. They can also cut so deep damaging blood vessels cutting off circulation that can lead to amputation. In the most critical cases, limbs have been severed on impact.
- Shock – While broken windshield injuries can create physical injuries, there are potential for significant mental issues like ptsd and shock from witnessing or being part of a traumatic event. Shock can make treating injuries more difficult, leading to complications.
- Death – Lastly, while rare, broken glass injuries can cause death through excessive and uncontrollable bleeding from multiple lacerations or severed limbs.
Lasting Impact of Broken Windshield Accidents
While potentially more painful, internal injuries like broken bones, often do not leave a lasting superficial impact. While an injured back may never feel right again, most people cannot look at an auto accident victim and know they had a back injury. However, with a broken glass injury, the injury while often less severe to the long-term health of the victim, can leave a lasting physical scar that can cause not only lasting physical but lasting emotional damage.
Options for Victims Injured by a Broken Windshields or Windows in Kansas City Auto Accidents
Victims of these injures that have resulted from broken glass or windshields by the actions of others can file lawsuits against the responsible parties. Defective glass or windshields manufactures can also be held accountable for damages, in addition to the negligent party.
Royce Injury Attorneys help their clients recover the optimal amount to cover their pain and suffering, while holding the appropriate parties responsible for their actions. Contact our office attorneys 24/7 for a free consultation to learn how we can help you. Please call today at 855-976-9235.