Car Accident Lawyer Kansas City, MO
Whether you’ve recently been involved in a collision that is your fault or someone else’s fault, you must know to call a car accident lawyer, like a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO, to safeguard your legal options in the wake of your accident. First and foremost, make sure to call 911 if you or anyone else in the accident is injured. Everything else can wait until medical attention is provided to those who have sustained injuries.
Call an Attorney
It’s essential to contact an experienced Kansas City, Missouri car accident lawyer as soon as you can after an accident occurs. The team at Royce Injury Attorneys LLC will serve as your advocates, ensure that your rights are protected, and help to preserve your legal options as soon as we’re made aware that you’re in need of representation. Whether the accident was your fault, the fault of the other driver, or a mechanical issue placing blame with the automobile manufacturer, you may find yourself in the middle of a lawsuit. Getting a Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer on board from the very beginning is an excellent way to ensure you have proper evidence and guidance that will help you navigate this situation from start to finish.
Call the Authorities
If your accident is mild and there are no severe injuries or threats to traffic, you could call your local police department to have an officer respond to the scene. If there are serious injuries or the accident poses a threat to oncoming traffic, you should call 911 right away. Our car accident lawyer serving Kansas City, MO, stresses the importance that your injuries and those of the other drivers and passengers are all taken care of immediately. By doing so, you can prevent a more severe injury or even fatality from occurring. Having an officer on the scene also ensures there is a non-biased report made, and officers often make trustworthy witnesses as well.
Call Someone for Support
If your car is damaged to the point it can’t run anymore, you’ll need to call someone for a ride home or to the hospital. If you end up riding in an ambulance to the hospital, you should have someone there to offer loving support during your time of need. If you are released from the hospital that day, you’ll also need a ride home. Our Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer, shares that having someone you know and love can de-escalate a scary situation so you can get through it more easily.
Call the Insurance Company
Your accident has to be reported to your insurance provider as soon as you can do so. This doesn’t mean you’re filing a claim, so you don’t need to worry about having all your ducks in a row quite yet. You’re merely reporting the fact you were in an accident. The claims process will take place later, but this initial report will help you meet the requirements to file a claim down the road. Make sure that you don’t speak with your insurance company about issues of fault unless you’ve talked with your Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer about this first. If you’re concerned about speaking with your insurance provider about your accident, your attorney can provide you with guidance and may even be in a position to make the call on your behalf.
Getting Started With Royce Injury Attorneys LLC
If you were recently in a car accident, you may have already called the authorities and your support person, but you’ll still need to report the incident to the insurance company. Please contact our Kansas City, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as you can to provide yourself with the legal protection you deserve.
Common Knee Injuries After a Car Accident
After a severe car accident, injuries aren’t uncommon. Which is a primary reason it may be in your best interest to contact Royce Injury Attorneys LLC, Kansas City, Missouri car accident lawyers you can depend on.
The human body just wasn’t designed to absorb such a massive impact of force from a car accident. A person may suffer from various injuries after the car accident, including broken bones, concussion, bruises, soft tissue wounds, knee injuries, and much more. If, at the time of impact, a person was slammed against the front of the dashboard, their knees may sustain an injury. Here we discuss the most common knee injuries, and why seeking help from Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer and a knee doctor is so important:
Posterior Cruciate Ligament Injury
Otherwise called “dashboard knee,” this kind of injury happens if the driver or passenger of the vehicle hits against the dashboard of the car. This injury involves the ligament that connects the shinbone (tibia) to the thigh bone (femur). Symptoms include swelling, pain, and instability of the knee.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury
This type of knee injury happens most often during an activity or incident where a person suddenly stops and changes direction. Our Kansas City, MO car accident lawyer shares that symptoms of an ACL injury include severe pain, immediate swelling, instability of knee when applying weight to leg, decreased range of motion, and a knee “popping” sound or sensation.
A torn meniscus can happen due to trauma of hyper-flexing or forceful twisting of the knee joint. Depending on the severity of the tear, treatment for a meniscus injury may entail letting it heal on its own, physical therapy, or surgery. Symptoms include locking of the knee, instability, swelling, and intense pain.
Medial Collateral Ligament Injury
Kansas City, MO car accident lawyers want you to know that an MCL injury is when a tear or sprain occurs to a medial collateral ligament. This is a band comprised of tissue located on the inside of the knee. The MCL connects from the lower leg to the thigh bone and helps prevent the knee from bending inward. Symptoms include a popping sound, swelling of knee joint, locking knee joint, pain, tenderness, and feeling as if the knee is going to give out.
Just like any other both, a knee fracture can range in degree. A kneecap fracture can happen at the bottom, center, or top of the knee. Or, the entire kneecap can shatter, and it is usually caused by a direct blow, which may be a reason to consult with our car accident lawyer serving Kansas City, MO. Symptoms entail swelling, bruising, and inability to straighten or walk on the leg. Surgery may or may not be needed based on the location and severity of the fracture.
Knee injuries that develop after being in a car accident can be severe. Some people may need months to fully recover. For others, the knee damage may be so bad that they have to deal with managing the injury for the rest of their lives. Keep in mind that if another driver was at-fault for the car accident and you endured loss because of it, you may have a case against the driver for financial compensation. Notify our car accident lawyers available in Kansas City, MO, at Royce Injury Attorneys LLC if this sounds like a situation you or someone you love is currently going through.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Thousands of Missouri drivers are injured in car accidents every year. While some of these accidents are due to poor road conditions or harsh weather, many of them are caused by negligence. Here are some of the most common causes of vehicle crashes a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO sees.
- Driver Fatigue: As a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO can confirm, drivers who are running on little sleep can put everyone on the road in danger. Fatigue can cause them to lose focus of the road and cause them to fall asleep behind the wheel. Signs of driver fatigue include slow reaction times, drifting in and out of lanes and running stop lights. Drivers who feel drowsy should pull over to a safe spot as soon as possible.
- Speeding: Although speed limit signs are posted all over the roads, some drivers still choose to speed. Whether they’re in a hurry to get somewhere or seeking a thrill, speeding is very dangerous. It can lower a driver’s reaction time and make it more difficult for them to stop their vehicle quickly in emergency situations. To avoid accidents, drivers should always follow the speed limit.
- Drunk Driving: The dangers of drunk driving are well-known, but a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO represents many victims who have been hit by drunk drivers. Alcohol impairs a driver’s ability to focus and react to surroundings on the road.
- Distracted Driving: Driving requires complete focus of the road ahead. However, as a car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO can attest, many drivers still give into distractions while behind the wheel. Common distractions include talking or texting on a smartphone, eating, drinking, grooming and changing radio stations. Taking your eyes off the road for even a few seconds can increase your risk of getting into an accident.
- Tailgating: It is important for drivers to always stay at least a few car lengths behind the vehicle in front of them. However, sometimes drivers can get impatient and drive too closely behind the vehicle in front of them. If the vehicle in front slams the brakes, it is almost impossible to stop in time.
- Reckless Driving: A car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO has also represented individuals who have been hurt by a reckless driver. Reckless driving can include unsafe lane changes, street racing, avoiding traffic signals and running red lights. Reckless drivers can also face criminal charges.
- Poor Vehicle Maintenance: Drivers are responsible for maintaining their vehicles. Unfortunately, however, not all of them do this. Failing to maintain a vehicle can increase the risk of vehicle collisions. For example, if brakes are not properly serviced, they can go out in the middle of a highway and cause an accident.