Kansas City Head-on Car Accident Lawyer
Head-on collisions kill thousands of drivers per year. These accidents are some of the most dangerous, so it is important to get a head-on collision lawyer when injured in Kansas City or statewide. The majority of these accidents are caused by drunk drivers or drivers not paying attention, who move into the wrong lane of traffic and collide head-on with incoming traffic. The force of the impact of these accidents is so powerful that they tend to cause a high rate of deaths and severe injuries. The car accident attorneys at Royce Injury Lawyers are prepared to help you or your loved one through all phases of a head-on collision accident. Call us now at 855-976-9235 to get a free consultation.
Reasons Head-On Collisions Happen
There are numerous main causes for head-on auto collisions:
- DUI – Even with the increased use of ride share companies, a stunning number of people continue to drive while under the influence of alcohol. (DUI Accidents).
- Other Drugs – Unfortunately, with the legalization of marijuana in many states, the number of these accident are increasing, and they are also increasingly difficult to prove with the lack of standard tests for determining whether a driver was under the influence of marijuana or another drug. (Marijuana Accidents).
- Texting – Texting has become of the biggest reasons for head-on collisions as drivers take away the needed attention from the road to their phone. This has been killing a profound amount of young drivers. (Texting Accident).
- Distracted Driving – While texting makes up a majority of distracted driving head-on collisions, cell phones in general and the increase usage of other devices are increasing the incidents of head-on collision from distracted drivers. (Distracted Driving).
- Fatigue – Long road trips, early risers, and truck drivers make up the bulk of head-on collisions caused by fatigued drivers who either fell asleep at the wheel or dosed off and swerved into a new lane. Even half a second of closed eyes is enough to create a head-on collision accident in Kansas City.
- Reckless Driving – Road rage accidents make up a large bulk of reckless driving head-on collisions, but also include racing, and speeding.
- Road Conditions – Icy roads, fog, or animals often cause people to swerve the vehicles, often into oncoming traffic.
Who is at Fault in a Head-On Collision?
In most cases, the driver who switched lanes or who is going in the wrong direction on a road is at fault in head-on collision accident in Kansas City. Additionally, the driver who was in the wrong lane or going the wrong direction is often cited with a traffic violation which helps to win cases more easily.
Common Injuries From Head-On Collisions
- Cuts and Deep Lacerations
- Head Injuries including concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Spine injuries including paralysis
- Broken bones
With the risk of such significant injuries it is important to hire a head-on collision lawyer in Kansas City that has the experience to get the maximum recovery available. A large portion of head-on collision injuries are lifetime injuries that may require forever care, thus it is necessary to get you or your loved one the law firm that will provide the most value. Contact Royce Injury Attorneys today to see how we can help your loved on. Call us 24/7 at 855-976-9235.