Medical Malpractice Lawyer Kansas City, MO
How to Prevent Medical Errors
Patients who suffered harm while under a medical professional’s care should speak to a medical malpractice lawyer Kansas City, MO residents trust. Unfortunately, thousands of people die each year due to medical errors. However, there are steps you can take to avoid being a victim of medical malpractice.
- Be Sure Your Doctors Know Your Health Information: Doctors aren’t mind readers, so it is important to tell them everything you can about your medical history. Doing so can help prevent many medical errors from occurring. Let them know all the medications you’re currently taking, including vitamins and supplements, and whether or not you have allergies.
- Don’t Hesitate to Ask Your Pharmacist Questions: If your doctor prescribed you medication and you don’t understand something about it, don’t be afraid to voice your concerns to your pharmacists. Medicine labels can be difficult to understand, so it doesn’t hurt to ask someone with knowledge for help. For example, if the label instructs you to take the medicine twice a day, you may want to ask the pharmacist how far apart to take the doses.
- Educate Yourself About Your Health Condition and Treatments: No matter what kind of health condition you have, it’s a good idea to learn as much as you can about it and the treatments that come along with it. Research information about available treatments options and the pros and cons of each. If your doctor recommends a certain treatment, a medical malpractice lawyer in Kansas City, MO advises to ask questions about it. Find out why you need the treatment and what sorts of risks come with it.
- Speak Up in the Hospital: If you are having a surgical procedure in a hospital, you should make certain that you, your surgeon and staff members are on the same page. This can help avoid medical errors during the surgical process. For instance, if you’re having surgery on your right foot, make sure that everyone is in agreement that it’s your right, not left foot that’s being operated on.
Questions to Ask a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, it’s important to schedule a meeting with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Kansas City, MO. He or she can help you file a timely lawsuit against the responsible party and improve your chances of getting fair compensation. During your consultation, be sure to ask questions about your lawyer’s experience and skills, including:
- How many medical malpractice cases do you handle a year?
- How often do your cases make it to trial?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses in my case?
- What damages are available?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my case?
- What is the best way to get in contact with you?
If you believe that the harm you have suffered is due to a preventable medical malpractice matter, contact the experienced Kansas City, MO medical malpractice lawyers at Royce Injury Attorneys LLC today to set up a timely consultation.