Medical Negligence Lawyer Kansas City, MO
There are many factors that come into play when you are looking for a medical negligence lawyer in Kansas City, MO. First off, you need to understand what medical negligence is and all of the different types that exist. To put it simply, Medical Negligence is when a patient is harmed unknowingly to the doctor. Most commonly by the doctor failing to take an action on something where it is needed or through simple ignorance of the medical issue at hand.
While there are hundreds of types of medical negligence, we can narrow it down to some of the most common. As a personal injury law firm, we see these types of cases come to us all the time. We have seen time and time again that there are six common types of medical negligence that continue to appear.
- Misdiagnosis – This is typical when a doctor examines a patient but fails to diagnose them. This could mean that the patient is diagnosed with something they may or may not have or the doctor may completely miss any diagnosis and think the patient is completely healthy.
- Delayed Diagnosis – This is going to be similar to a misdiagnosis, but the doctor eventually finds the correct diagnosis. This can be detrimental to the overall health of the patient. For example, a delayed cancer diagnosis could result in someone living or dying, because treatment was started too late and the cancer was still spreading during the delayed misdiagnosis.
- Failure to treat – In this situation a doctor gives the patient the correct diagnosis, however they do not treat the illness correctly. This is becoming more frequent as doctors become busy and they may fail to offer follow up care, release a patient too early, or fail to refer a patient to a specialist.
- Surgical errors – Surgical errors can have a significant impact on someone’s life. The most common types of surgical errors are: Unnecessary surgery, incorrect procedure, damaging organs, nerves, or tissues, the incorrect amount of anesthesia, non-sterile equipment, and inadequate follow up care.
- Birth Injury – This may occur in many ways: Inadequate prenatal care, during birth where both the mother and child may become injured or cause death. If this was preventable a medical negligence lawyer may be needed.
- Medical Product Liability – This type of medical negligence falls into devices or equipment a doctor may put into someone. The equipment could be poorly designed or be faulty and this could lead to further health complications.
Medical Negligence unfortunately exists, and though a lawyer may not be able to fix your medical issues, we can help get compensation for your injuries caused by a doctor. If you or someone you know has been affected by medical negligence or any of the above problems, please have them reach out to us to get a free case evaluation. It never hurts to get an opinion by a lawyer who has the knowledge of these issues. As a medical negligence lawyer in Kansas City, MO. We will be glad to review your case and give our opinion on if there was something else that could have been done. You can reach out to Royce Injury Attorneys directly at 816-656-2561.