Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Kansas City, MO
There are various causes of spinal injuries, according to spinal cord injury lawyer Kansas City, MO. Some of the significant reasons are car accidents, electric shocks, diving, and falls. But this injury has the potential to change the complete life of the affected person.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are many ways by which an individual can damage his spinal cord—such injuries are broadly classified into two categories mainly, incomplete and complete injury.
- Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury: It is the standard type of spinal cord injury and exists in 60% of accident cases. In this type of injury, a person’s spinal cord is partially damaged and needs some time and medical attention to cure.
- Complete Spinal Cord Injury: In this type of injury, a person’s spinal cord is completely damaged and cannot be cured entirely.
Treatments of Spinal Cord Injury
The spinal cord treatment varies according to the nature of the injury and its location on the spinal cord. Some of the standard treatment processes are-
- Physical therapy to provide strength to the damaged areas of the spinal cord
- Surgery of the spinal cord to remove the part that had entered in the spinal cord
- Steroid injections to reduce the inflammation
- The use of ventilators for the short term, and sometimes a feeding tube for the patients in typical cases.
- Your lifestyle can change completely. That includes quitting smoking, drinking, and switching to a healthier or different diet.
- Most patients need counseling to cope with the damage.
The financial cost of such injuries varies from state to state and the extent of the damage of the injury, says spinal cord injury lawyers in Kansas City, MO. A partially paralyzed person can expect his medical expenses of $100,000 during the first year of his treatment. While for a fully paralyzed person, these charges can reach up to $400,000.
The above is only the medical charges; one has to bear the loss in wages and the pain, sufferings, and depression. The whole family has to struggle in such types of accidents. Many of the individuals could not live a healthy life like before after such accidents and can’t work with full capacity as before. You should also note that the above charges are only for the first year. One may need regular checks and medications throughout his life. And such costs usually rise with time.
So now you have understood the importance of getting compensation for such accidents so you can get financial help. A good lawyer will do an in-depth study of your case and estimate the compensation you deserve. If the other person’s negligence causes the accident, you will surely be entitled to receive your claim.
In case you or any near or dear one has witnessed such spinal cord injury, it becomes crucial to consult a spinal cord injury lawyer in Kansas City, MO. Remember, one has to collect all the medical bills, photos, videos, and statements of the witness to make the case stronger. An experienced attorney can help you with all legal proceedings. So, without wasting more time, give Royce Injury Attorneys a call now.